Disneys Great Northern Bean SoupFrom m11andrade 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound dried great northern beans shopping list
- 10 cups water shopping list
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 3/4 cup celery, diced shopping list
- 1 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup carrot, diced shopping list
- 1 cup smoked ham, diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup tomato, diced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch dissolved in shopping list
- 2/3 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Soak beans in water to cover overnight. Drain; rinse and place in large soup pot with 10 cups fresh water and bouillon cubes. Bring to
- boil; reduce heat to simmer. Cook 1 hour, until tender but firm on the inside.
- Add celelry, onions, and carrots; cook 30 minutes until tender. Add ham, tomato, salt, pepper, and thyme; mix well. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and water; simmer about minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, cool 10-15 mins.