Ina Gartens Lemon and Garlic Roast ChickenFrom pamelanava 6 years ago
- 1 (5-6 lb) roasting chicken shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 1 large bunch of fresh thyme (I actually used rosemary instead) shopping list
- 4 lemons shopping list
- 3 heads of garlic (cut in half, crosswise) shopping list
- 2 Tbs butter melted shopping list
- 1/2 pound bacon (I just used 2 strips of center cut bacon) shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove giblets, rinse the chicken inside and out. remove any excess fat and pat dry.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan and liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
- Stuff the cavity with the thyme (and/or rosemary), (reserving enough thyme to garnish the chicken dish,) 1 lemon, halved, and 2 halves of the garlic.
- Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
- Cut 2 of the lemons in quarters and scatter the quarters and remaining garlic around the chicken.
- Lay the bacon slices over the chicken to cover.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour.
- Remove the bacon slices from the top of the chicken and set aside. Continue roasting the chicken for an additional 1/2 hour, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh.
- Remove to a platter and cover with aluminum foil while you prepare the gravy.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the bottom of the pan. Add the wine and chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until reduced by half
- Garnish the chicken platter with the bacon slices, roasted garlic, reserved thyme and 1 lemon, sliced.
- Serve with the gravy.
The Cookpamelanava Prosper, TX
The Rating6 people
Thanks so much for sharing! She is the BEST! High 5! This is on the menu next week.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
~ Hello ~
I am so pleased that You posted this
"5"FORK!!!!! 'Lemon/Chicken recipe ~
I lost the recipe and was so distraught!
I will now bake it very soon for
my Family ~
Blessings ~ ~*~ mj ~*~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Wow Pamela... this is great!I love all ingredients here... High 5!berry in Winter Park loved it