Nanas To Die For Fudge PieFrom debntim 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 (1-ounce each) unsweetened chocolate squares shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted and divided ~ you can use fewer nuts if you absolutely want to. shopping list
- Toppings: nutty-Buddy ice cream and chocolate syrup; use vanilla ice cream if you can’t find nutty-Buddy. For extra decadence, serve with coffee almond fudge ice cream! shopping list
- Note: I measure out all of my ingredients before I begin. Then, while my butter and chocolate are melting, I beat my eggs. Those quick steps really cut down on prep time. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Beat eggs at medium speed for five minutes.
- Gradually add sugar to eggs, beating until well blended.
- Slowly add chocolate mixture and vanilla to eggs and sugar, then, gradually add flour. Stir in half of the pecans.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch glass pie plate. (I use Baker’s Secret).
- Bake for 23-30 minutes or until center is slightly firm. Keep in mind that gas ovens cook these pies much faster than electric ones. DO NOT OVERCOOK. When the outer edge is “brownie-like” and the center has a slight firmness to it, it’s done. You can’t use the toothpick in the middle test on this recipe because the middle is really GOOEY!
- Cool on baking rack until pie is firm enough to handle. Top each serving with ice-cream drizzled with chocolate syrup; sprinkle with remaining pecans. DO NOT MICROWAVE ~ it MELTS the pie!
- Sit back, put your feet up, turn off the phone, dare anybody to knock on the door, and ENJOY! Mmm-mmm-MMM-mmm-MMM!
- Yield: 1 9-inch pie
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Bake: 23-30 minutes
The Cookdebntim Outer Banks, NC
The Rating6 people
wow yummy delicous awsome yes gotta love it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Mmmmm.... Love chocolate! Great post!juels in Clayton loved it
Boy, this really sounds Fantastic! Got my 5
My Grandma (father's mom) was full blooded Cherokee.. hugsssssssshirleyoma in Cove loved it