Best Potato SoupFrom lincolntoot 5 years ago
- 6 bacon strips, diced shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicke broth shopping list
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes shopping list
- 1 small carrot, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each celery seed, salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. flour (use rice flour for GF) shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese cubed shopping list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Add the broth, vegetables and seasonings. Brng to a boil.
- Reduced heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine flour and milk until smoth; add to soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add cheese, stir until cheese is melted and the soup is heated through.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 15
- discovery Nowhere, Us
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- rosemaryblue CollegeTown
- lanacountry Macon, GA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- dianerettig Cincinnati, OH
- jlophoenixrising Riley, KS
- kylee2585 White Cloud, MI
- baker1313 Guilford, CT
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating8 people
sounds fantastic love patote soup yummy thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
i gave this a 5 potato soup reminds me of winter
a good thick soup is just rightfrodo in meadville loved it
Any dish combining bacon AND Velveeta gets my vote! High 5. And thanks.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat239 members
Quick N Easy121 members
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Family Favourites134 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
101 A Celiac Gluten Free Place170 members
Pass The Potatoes100 members
Holy Hot Potatoes Batman60 members