Roasted Red Pepper Soup With Garlic Shitakes N Parsley OilFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 10-12 red bell peppers shopping list
- 1 onion (diced) shopping list
- 1 -2 cloves of garlic (chopped) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1-2 chopped red birds eye chillies (depending on your preference) shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 lb.shitake mushrooms (sliced) shopping list
- white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parley shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- sea salt flakes shopping list
- black pepper corn mill shopping list
How to make it
- This first step of roasting the peppers can be done as far as a day in advance.
- Preheat oven to 390 fahrenheit.
- Lightly coat peppers in oil and place in an oven proof dish.
- Roast peppers 12 minutes turn and cook a further 12 minutes, roast like this until skin is blistered on all sides.
- Remove them from the oven and transfer to a large bowl and wrap tightly with cling wrap and allow to stand for at least half an hour.
- Once the peppers are cool, peel and seed them discarding both skin and seed and keeping the flesh, this can be a little frustrating, cleaning them under running water will make it less frustrating but will also wash away some of the flavour.
- Soften onions in a little olive oil in a med-large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once onion starts to soften add the garlic and chillies and cook a further 3 minutes.
- Add the peppers and brown sugar and continue to cook a further 3 minutes.
- Add a good splash of wine and turn up the heat to help evaporate the alcohol and cook for another couple minutes and add the water, stock and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- To a food processor or blender add the parsley, 1/4 cup of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and puree until smooth and green.
- Once the soup has cooked blend with a stick blender until smooth (be careful not to splash as the soup will be very hot).
- If the soup is too thick add a little more stock or water.
- Taste for seasoning and set aside to keep warm.
- Sautee the shitakes over high heat in a liberal pour of extra virgin olive oil until golden and crispy, approx 5- 10 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain briefly on paper towel.
- Serve the soup with the mushrooms scattered over and pour the parsley oil over that
- As mentioned the chillies in this recipe are optional as there is plenty of flavour as it is but if you like the extra little kick like I do, please add..
- Pinot Grigio would go well .
- Crusty bread is a good choice with a dish of herbed oil by each plate.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating18 people
Beautiful and simply perfect, Joymarie!juels in Clayton loved it
This sounds really good. I'm on a soup kick right now and this one sounds fabulous. Thanks my friend and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Great recipeJM. love. it thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Seasonally Fall81 members
All Holidays135 members
To Your Health74 members
Eat Enjoy Your Veggies51 members
THE COMPLAINT DEPT158 members
Mad About Mushrooms94 members