Margarita - Glazed Loaf CakeFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- shortening for use preparing the pan shopping list
- 2 1/4 - cups unbleached cake flour shopping list
- 2- teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3- tablespoons minced lime zest shopping list
- 6- tablespoons unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2- large eggs at room temperture shopping list
- 1- tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon tequila shopping list
- 1- tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2- teaspoons triple sec shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 5x 9 inch loaf pan lightly with shortening.
- cut a piece of wax paper to line the bottom of the pan and press it into place
- lightly coat the waxed paper with shortening
- sift the flour, baking powder,and salt together twice onto a piece of waxed paper..
- in a large bowl, mash together 1 cup of the sugar with 2 tablespoons of the lime zest until moist and fragnant
- add the butter and beat until smooth
- one at a time beat in the eggs.
- by halves alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk to the creamed mixture ; do not over mix.......
- pour the batter into the prepared pan
- bake at 350 degrees f. until a tooth pick comes out almost clean in the center about 50 minutes......
- cool the cake in the pan on a rack for about 15 minutes
- postion the rack in the oven 6 inches from the broiler
- in a small bowl stir together the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, the tequila, lime juice, and remaing 1 tablespoon lime zest and triple sec.
- remove cake from the pan and peel off the waxed paper
- set the cake upright on the broiler pan
- gradually spoon the tequila mixture over the top of the loaf, allowing it to absorb as much of the glaze as possible..
- set the cake under the broiler and broil until the top is bubbling and lightl browned, about 30 seconds to 1 minute
- transfer to a rack and cool completely before cutting.........
- serve 8
- note from tink;....now i made a key-lime icing extra ...and drizzled it on it when it was ready to eat and it was delicious ...........
People Who Like This Dish 6
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- juels Clayton, NC
- ahmed1 Cairo, EG
- cookingforfun Marblehead, MA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- imnocook Kitchener, CA
- chefbaudri Grand Rapids, MI
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating9 people
holy moly, tink... high 5!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
I would drop after two of any of your drinks. 5 from me.
Arthurcookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
And another 5 from me Mini...ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!