Spicy sauted Lamb with fresh coconutFrom maddie 10 years ago
- 3 Tbsp. Meat masala shopping list
- 2 lbs. (900 gms.) cubed lamb shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or corn oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped ginger shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup thin 1/2 inch slices fresh coconut (or 1/4 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves (optional). shopping list
- Tips shopping list
- To make a spice rub for grilling 1 lb. meat, mix 1 Tbsp. Meat masala, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. shopping list
- For a spicier curry, increase the amount of the masala or add 1 or 2 chopped fresh green cayenne or serrano chilies to pan along with spice paste in step 3. shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl mix together 2 Tbsp. Meat Masala and 2 Tbsp. water and set aside.
- In a medium pan or pot combine lamb or mutton, 1 tsp. salt, 2 cups water, 1 cup onion and 1 Tbsp. Meat Masala and bring to boil. Simmer mixture, covered, 20 to 25 mins., or until meat is tender.
- In a skillet or medium pan (non-stick is ideal) heat oil over moderate heat and saute remaining 1 cup onion, stirring, until soft and lightly browned, about 4 mins. Add ginger and garlic and saute, stirring, 2 mins. Add spice paste and saute, stirring, until liquid has evaporated, about 2 mins.
- Add coconut and lamb or mutton and saute, stirring, until liquid has evaporated, about 5 mins.
- Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot as an appetizer, or as a main dish with salads, rice (steamed or pilaf), Indian bread such as naan or chappathi, pita bread or any other bread, or boiled yucca.
The Cookmaddie Bangalore, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!