Christmas Picture OrnamentsFrom lor 6 years ago
- You will need: shopping list
- Craft glue such as Aylmer's. shopping list
- Coloured cardboard ie. bristle board, felt or very stiff fabric and pinking shears if you want to add a little more flare. shopping list
- Decorative items such as sequins, glitter, buttons, seasonal ribbon, coloured pipe cleaners, felt, gold or silver spray painted small elbow macaroni or other pasta shapes, cotton puffs, etc. shopping list
- Wallet sized photo cut to size if necessary. shopping list
- Ribbon or coloured string for hanging. shopping list
- Note: The sizes should be the size of a child's hand or larger. shopping list
How to make it
- Trace out the desired template onto a coloured card or print and trace onto felt or fabric.
- Cut out 2 shapes of bells, stockings, Christmas trees, mittens, stars or balls.
- Cut out a section to place the photo on one of the shapes.
- Place photo behind the cut out section and glue front and back pieces together. Be careful not to use too much glue but enough to hold either fabric or bristle board together.
- I like to punch a hole in the top of the ornament to string seasonal ribbon through.
- Note: It is not necessary to insert a picture. If you want to omit the picture, you can stuff the shapes with batting. The glue can also be omitted and the edges can be stitched together.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
oh wow my sister was asking how to do this just last night. Thank you for posting. High 5
k8spoil_me2 in Canton loved it
Great idea!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
Great idea, thanks for posting this!juels in Clayton loved it
Recipes You DONT EAT124 members
Irish All The Way97 members
Norwegian Tusen Takk35 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members
Crafty Gift Recipes35 members
Canadian Eh30 members
Christmas Is Coming55 members
Kids Stuff54 members