Thanksgiving StuffingFrom conner909 8 years ago
- 1 ½ loaves stale French bread shopping list
- ½ pound bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 2-3 cups diced celery shopping list
- 1 leek, sliced shopping list
- 2 diced onions shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- fresh sage (4 to six leaves, or more) shopping list
- fresh thyme (2 to 4 sprigs or more) shopping list
- 2 ½ apples, finely diced shopping list
- parsley, finely chopped (to taste) shopping list
- 1 cup raisins soaked in dry white wine shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- chicken broth or turkey stock shopping list
- turkey meat or giblets, previously cooked, if desired. shopping list
How to make it
- Read through this entire recipe before starting.
- Break apart the stale French bread into small pieces. (Or if you’d prefer, use 1 to 2 boxes of Mrs. Cubbison’s stuffing mix.)
- In a large frying pan, sauté ½ lb of bulk pork sausage and break into small pieces.
- Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 2 ½ -3 cups diced celery, 1 leek,
- 2 diced onions and 1 stick of butter to sausage drippings.
- Saute veggies until tender.
- Add fresh sage, thyme and apples, parsley and 1 cup drained raisins that have been soaked several hours in white wine.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put sausage back in pan and add chicken broth.
- Add bread pieces.
- Mix well and refrigerate.
- Right before putting the turkey in the oven, heat up dressing
- and moisten stuffing with hot turkey stock or chicken broth, stock meat or giblets.
- Stuff bird lightly and pop in oven. Extra stuffing now becomes “dressing”
- and can be covered and baked in the oven once you’ve removed the turkey. Dressing should be more moist than the “stuffing.”
- Hope I didn’t confuse you!
The Cookconner909 Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating5 people
Perfect...I must try this next TG..I won't be cooking this year..thank you great post!michellem in Idaho loved it
Love the sound of this recipe. It's a little like the dressing I make, with a few extras. Must try it. high 5brianna in loved it
I looooooooove this stuffing recipe. This year I'll have yours and Lunasea's...2 stuffings are always better than one!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it