Sopaipillas for GrrreeekgirlFrom ttaaccoo 6 years ago
How to make it
- Sift flour , baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Add shortening and cut in coarsely; then add cold water gradually. Mix just enough to hold together like a pie crust. Turn out on lightly-floured board and knead gently until smooth. Cover and let dough rest for 5 minutes. Roll out into a rectangle about 12 by 15 " (dough should be very thin, 1/16 inch -- 1/8 inch thick). Cut into either 3 inch squares or 2X3 inches.
- Drop a few in to deep very hot oil. At first turn squares over 3 or 4 times to make them puff evenly. Fry about 2 to 3 mins on each side, or until golden brown. The sopaipillas will puff up like "little pillows".
- Serve hot with honey , and napkins.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- shellyh430 Brunswick, OH
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- chandrima Delhi, IN
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- sckewer Guelph, CA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- debbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
The Rating7 people
Awwwww how sweet....... go GG go you got your own recipe GG..........hahahaha
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Ya this is yummy.. try it with cold vanilla ice cream.. orgazzzzmic!!!!!!chandrima in Delhi loved it
TTaaccoo- OMG...thanks so much for this recipe....I used to eat sopapillas all the time when I lived in Albuquerque, but have not seen them anywhere else. I always thought it was so strange that they were served WITH the meal as opposed to after b/c...moregreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!