Pistachio-Cherry BiscottiFrom debntim 7 years ago
- 2 1/4 all-purpose flour (Yes, Jett, you can substitute self-rising here; if you do, eliminate baking powder and salt!) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped (I pulse chop on my food processor.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped (Ditto above.) shopping list
- For dipping: shopping list
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. Stir into flour mixture. Add cherries and nuts. Roll dough into large ball, then, divide into halves.
- Roll dough into two 12” logs. This is easier if you flour your hands. Place onto large cookie sheet and flatten logs so that they’re about 2”-3” wide each.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking rack.
- LOWER OVEN TEMP to 325.
- Cut loaves into thick slices, about 3/4" each, about 16 per log. Place cut side down on cookie sheet. Bake for about ten minutes; remove from oven and turn over. Bake about ten more minutes. Cool on baking rack.
- Dip one end into melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper until chocolate sets.
- Caution! You won’t be able to eat just one!
- Yumm! Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 11
- rajetta Nowheresville, ME
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- fuzzy OH
- aduplessis Baldwinville, MA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- juels Clayton, NC
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookdebntim Outer Banks, NC
The Rating6 people
Saving this recipe......love biscotti!m2googee in Tomball loved it
I'd have to sub cranberries for the dried cherries, have a cherry hate in my house, can you imagine??? Horrors, but if I sub a cranberry, all is good. I love biscotti. Saving this for sure. A great gifting cookie.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
ohhhhhhhh very nice thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it