Cannoli Shells And Filling From Aunt JosieFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- SHELL: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tablsepoon butter, soft shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- red wine shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 1 pound ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rum shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together flour, butter, salt and sugar.
- Add enough red wine to make a stiff but workable dough.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Roll dough to a 1/8" thickness.
- Cut into 5" squares.
- Lay cannoli tube across the corners of the squares.
- Fold other corners around the form.
- Press dough to seal around form.
- Fry in 375 degree deep fat, one at a time.
- Remove from fat when golden.
- Remove shells from forms VERY CAREFULLY.
- Cool shells completely prior to filling.
- Cream the ricotta and rum until smooth.
- Add sugar and chocolate (if using).
- Blend together well.
- Fill cannoli shells with filling using a pastry bag.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar
- **Shells are best left UNfilled until immediately before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- Kokomus Nowhere, Us
- Sparky9699 Maysville, Ga
- fenellbrats Nowhere, Us
- pmanno Nowhere, Us
- jennitaliabella New Orleans, Louisiana
- pieplate Claremont, CA
- lissaloo2 Missoula, MT
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- cookingforfun Marblehead, MA
- smrasfcc Milwaukee, WI
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating8 people
now this sounds very good right now why dont you run in your kitchen and whip us up a batch for lunch yummmmmm
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow, these sound luscious! Definitely saving this recipe to try out! Wine sounds like an interesting addition to the dough.juels in Clayton loved it
yum these look and sound so good, I can't wait to try them!lissaloo2 in Missoula loved it