The Best Chow meinFrom riverrat715 6 years ago
- 1 lb fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 1 large can bamboo shutes shopping list
- 2 cans sliced water chestnuts shopping list
- 3 cps sliced celery shopping list
- 2 cps chopped onions (I prefer white) shopping list
- 1 can baby corn cut in 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 jar pimentos chopped shopping list
- 3 cps meat of choice cut in 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cps leeks sliced and washed shopping list
- 4 qts chicken broth or bouilion shopping list
- 1/4 cp cornstarch shopping list
- rice shopping list
- 2 cps long grained rice shopping list
- 4 cps chicken broth shopping list
- chowmein noodles shopping list
- 1 pkg wonton wrapers cut in 1/4 in strips shopping list
- 1 cp toasted cashews shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare all veggies in large kettle
- add broth and simmer gently covered for one hour
- add cornstarch that has been stired into one cp of cold water.
- gently cook til thickened.
- In the meantime cook your rice in a rice cooker if you have one. Otherwise cook on stove top till all broth has been absorbed and rice is light and fluffy.
- Fry wonton strips in hot oil (I prefer peanut)
- Toss cashews in hot fry pan till toasty. A few minutes will do.
- Serve chowmein over the rice or the chowmein noodles ( You can also use lowmein noodles if you like). Garnish with fried wonton strips and cashews. If you don't think this is the best chowmein you have tried I will be surprised, and guess what? It is a figure friendly meal. Hope you all enjoy