Herbed Chicken with Red PotatoesFrom kali4nia 7 years ago
- 2 ounces basil leaves shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 fluid ounces chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra virgin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, ground shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless/skinless, raw shopping list
- 1 pound red potatoes shopping list
- 3 tomatoes, medium shopping list
- 8 olives, black (or greeen your choice) shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Wash and dry basil; peel garlic cloves.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the basil, garlic, chicken stock (2 fluid ounces = 1/4 cup), oil, thyme, pepper and salt, and process until pureed.
- Place the chicken in the baking pan and, using 1/4 cup of the basil mixture, rub both sides of the breasts with it; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Scrub the potatoes and cut into wedges. Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, wash the tomatoes and cut each into 8 wedges.
- Arrange the potato and tomato wedges around the chicken breasts and spoon the remaining basil mixture over the vegetables.
- Halve the olives and sprinkle them over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve with a tossed green salad and vinaigrette dressing, if desired.
The Cookkali4nia West Monroe, LA
The Rating6 people
Packed with flavor and extremely simple to make. I subbed canned whole tomatoes with basil for fresh and subbed dried basil for fresh and made it sans olives. A great rustic dish you can make when in a hurry. Thank you!Rogthedodger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!