Cheese Potatoes And Bacon On The GrillFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 4 large red potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 or 2 tablespoons butter, softened, for coating the foil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste, or any other seasoning you prefer shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced (Vidalias are great for this!) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, fried crispy and crumbled shopping list
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cut a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil (or double layer of regular foil) large enough to hold ingredients. Rub softened butter all over the center of the foil to prevent potatoes from sticking to the bottom of the foil during cooking.
- Place potatoes in the center of the foil; season and add the diced onion.
- Drizzle melted butter over the potatoes/onions.
- Sprinkle on the crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.
- Bring edges of foil up, sealing with a double fold, while leaving just a little space for steam. Place the foil package on the grill. Cook for about 35 to 45 minutes, depending on size of potatoe chunks and how hot your grill is. I like to keep mine on a good 45 minutes so I get some carmelization on the bottom of the foil.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating8 people
I can't understand how I missed this... had last night and OMG... too good. I also like the brown stuff on the bottom.. We were fighting over it.. We ate more potatoes than meat! Yummy!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I made these tonight using unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes, a red onion I needed to use up and cheddar cheese. Delicious!! The stuff on the bottom was the best! Thanks, krummie! :-)frankieanne in Ukiah loved it