Basil Chicken FettuccineFrom danieljdavis 9 years ago
- basil [2 tbs] shopping list
- black pepper [.5 tsp] shopping list
- chicken [1 medium breast] shopping list
- fettuccine (or other pasta) noodles [12 oz] shopping list
- garlic [4 cloves] shopping list
- margarine or butter [3 tbs] shopping list
- mint flakes (Optional) [1 tsp] shopping list
- olive oil (2 tbs) shopping list
- onion [2 medium] shopping list
- oregano [1.5 tbs] shopping list
- salt [1 tsp] shopping list
- tomato paste [3-6 oz] shopping list
How to make it
- Begin the pasta, removing from heat and draining when cooked. Once the pasta has begun to cook, move on to the second step.
- Chop basil and onion. Mince garlic.
- Cube chicken.
- Heat oil on medium-low in a skillet.
- Add oregano, mint flakes, salt, and pepper to the oil.
- Saute the chicken in the spiced oil.
- Add the butter to another skillet. Turn heat to medium-low.
- Add garlic, basil, and tomato paste to the melting butter. Let simmer.
- When chicken has browned, add onion and saute for 2-5 minutes, until light brown.
- Transfer chicken and onion to the other skillet. Let lightly simmer for another 2-5 minutes.
- Add garlic-and-butter-infused sauce to pasta and enjoy!