Zesty Orange Chicken with Orange Infused Basmati RiceFrom elle 9 years ago
- orange basmati rice shopping list
- 1 cup basmati rice or other long grain rice shopping list
- 2 cups cold water shopping list
- 2 tsp chicken base (I use Better Than Bouillon,or 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules) shopping list
- 1 Tbs finely shredded orange zest shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- chicken shopping list
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves, filleted shopping list
- 2 Tbs butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 tsp finely shredded orange zest shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 Tbs brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbs raisins, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the rice, chicken base or bouillon, 1 Tbsp orange peel and the 1/4 tsp salt.
- Return to boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Keep covered, and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over med heat, melt the butter and add the oil.
- Cook the chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, remove from pan.
- Add the green onions to the pan and cook over low heat for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan.
- Turn heat back up to medium high and add the chicken back to the pan.
- Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Fluff the rice.
- Divide rice among plates, and top with the chicken.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookelle NH
The Rating6 people
looks yummie will try soon
wolffie in Fort Mill loved it
Made this tonight and the kids even ate it!!! This is definitely going to be a repeat performer in our house. Thank you so much!kerrielou in Kennewick loved it
Thanks for this wonderful, quick, simple, and healthy recipe. I swapped out the raisins for sliced almonds. We truly enjoyed this!DetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it