Wild Rice Chicken Hot DishFrom mcboo 7 years ago
- 4 cups boiling water shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups wild rice shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 - 16 oz. can mushrooms drained shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. minced parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 3-4 cups chicken or turkey chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup almonds shopping list
- 1- 2 oz. jar pimento shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 can water chestnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Wash rice
- Add to boiling water and salt.
- Cover and Cook 40 min.
- Cook mushrooms, onion and parsley in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts.
- Mix in rice and remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
The Cookmcboo MN
The Rating4 people
I have a similar recipe, and it's delicious!! Love this. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Tried this tonight because I hadn't had wild rice in a while and had chicken to use...just poached it with salt, pepper, garlic and onion to use in this dish. I subbed roasted red pepper for the pimento and made my own cream of mushroom soup...toppe...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it