Ham Steaks with PineappleFrom loddiedoddie 9 years ago
- 2 4-oz ham steaks (you can buy these in a package at the store) shopping list
- 4 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp whole-grain mustard shopping list
- 3 8-oz cans pineapple chunks, juice reserved shopping list
- ¼ cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Over moderately high heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Add ham steaks and sauté until lightly browned. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Blot pineapples as dry as possible.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp butter to pan. Add pineapple and sauté until edges begin to caramelize (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Remove and reserve the pineapple.
- Add orange and pineapple juices to pan and reduce by ½ (about 5 to 6 minutes).
- Whisk in dijon and whole-grain mustards.
- Transfer ham steaks back into pan. Add caramelized pineapple chunks and toss.
- Heat thoroughly and season to taste.