Roasted Pork Loin With Goat Cheese And Sauce MagnificoFrom glennk 5 years ago
- 2 (5 pound) pork loin roasts, rib bones attached, back bone (chine) removed(frenched) shopping list
- Small bunch sage, leaves chopped shopping list
- Small bunch thyme, leaves chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of minced garlic. shopping list
- 1 cup EVOO shopping list
- 1 package goat cheese herbed or plain shopping list
- sauce Magnifico shopping list
- 2 cans of roma tomatoes(crushed, or whole ) shopping list
- 1 bunch of fresh oregano leaves only minced (6 large sprigs) shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 8 stalks of celerey shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons EVOO shopping list
How to make it
- Place the pork roast in a roasting pan with the ribs facing up, braced against each other. Add Garlic,sage and thyme to olive oil See Photo. Squash the herbs into the oil with your hand getting the flavors mixing. Rub the pork roasts with oil mixture and season with a generous amount of salt and pepper See Photo. Roast the pork loin for 2 1/2 hours, until the skin is crackled.
- While the roast is cooking prepare the sauce.
- In a large skillet heat EVOO add onions, celery,garlic and oregano cook till veggies translucent. See Photo
- Add wine and cook down until a wine is reduced almost completely. See Photo
- crush canned tomatoes with your hands and then add to sauce.
- mix well and let simmer. See Photo
- Add sugar to neutralize some of the acidity
- let simmer with no lid, the longer the better,
- as it cooks down the flavors concentrate.
- When the sauce is ready it should be very thick and full of flavor.
- Take out roast when cooked to your liking and let rest for 15 min
- slice roast using the bone as a guide.
- take roast slice place a slice of goat cheese on top of roast .
- Slather with sauce magnifico See Photo
- Serve with pasta as extra sauce on the pasta is terrific.
The Cookglennk Dalmeny, CA
The Rating4 people
Another keeper! Can't believe I missed your recipes til now! LOLsparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Incredible recipe. I can't wait to try this one as well. 5555+++brianna in loved it
Signore, questo e magnifico!
High 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!