Sweet N Sour ChickenFrom rottman 8 years ago
- 2 ea 8 oz cans pineapple chunks, juice drained and reserved shopping list
- 2 tb cooking oil shopping list
- 1 ea green pepper, cut into 1 inch squares shopping list
- 1 ea onion, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed shopping list
- 2 tb cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 c Karo light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 c cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 tb soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tb catsup shopping list
How to make it
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice. In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium high heat. Add the green pepper, onion, and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove.
- Stir fry the chicken and lightly cook until it is white through and through.
- Return the pineapple, green pepper, onion and garlic to skillet.
- Add the cornstarch to the reserved pineapple juice. Add to skillet. Add corn syrup, cider vinegar, soy sauce, and catsup.. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating3 people
I'm going to buy a bottle of Karo just so I can make this. I love sweet and sour chicken and this recipe sounds like it's going to hit the spot. Thank you.
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
I always Karo in the pantry too. I do not like the taste of maple syrup. My huband and i both love sweet and sour pork. I'm gonna print this up and try it soon. A big 5 forks. Thanks,
Paulapaulasue1 in Litchfield Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!