Chicken BritannicaFrom merlin 5 years ago
- 3 lb. fryer, cut up, rinsed and patted dry shopping list
- 1 t. kosher salt shopping list
- 1 t. black pepper shopping list
- 1 t. sweet Hungarian paprika shopping list
- ½ stick sweet butter shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 12 oz. mushrooms, Portobellos preferred, cut into thick slices shopping list
- 2 leeks, white parts only, chopped shopping list
- 1 ¼- 1 1/2 c. Scotch whiskey shopping list
- 2 T. Scotch whiskey shopping list
- ¾ c. whole milk or half & half shopping list
- 3 T. flour shopping list
- 1 T. butter shopping list
- 2 T. lemon juice shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy Dutch oven, melt butter in olive oil over medium high heat. Brown chicken on all sides and remove. Sprinkle skin side with salt, pepper and paprika. Add mushrooms and leeks to pan juices.
- Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes until mushrooms have softened a bit and absorbed the pan juices. Remove.
- Put chicken, skin side down, in Dutch oven. Add 1 ¼ c. Scotch whiskey. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and turn chicken skin side up. Raise oven temperature to 425 degrees. Cook until chicken browns on top and is cooked through, about 35 minutes. Check to make sure you do not burn away the pan juices. They should stay at about ½ c. If they evaporate, add some chicken broth and another ¼ of whiskey. Remove chicken to plate.
- Mix milk, flour, 1 T. butter and 2 T. whiskey. Add to pan juices. Add mushrooms and leeks. Cook about 2 minutes on the stove top. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve sauce over chicken.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating6 people
W.O.W.~~~~My Head is Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing
just from reading this "5"FORK!!!!! Wonder ~
Just how much of the 'Whiskey' is suppose
to be 'inside' the 'COOK'??? as opposed to the
'Lucky Chicken'? (^_^) ~
Whatever~ I...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Wowee! Sensational. I curtsy.
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
I love the story of your inspiration for this dish.waterlily in Joplin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!