Smoked Salmon SoupFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 oz unsalted butter or oil shopping list
- 2 chopped leeks shopping list
- 4 large potatoes, diced shopping list
- 3 1/2 pints chicken stock shopping list
- 3 pints f milk or cream is you wish a much richer soup shopping list
- 4 Tbs chopped fresh dill shopping list
- juice from 2 large fresh lemons shopping list
- 11oz smoked salmon pieces, chopped shopping list
- black pepper and salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the chopped leeks and cook, stirring until softened.
- Add the diced potatoes and chicken stock, bring to the boil and then simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- At this stage blend until smooth.
- Put back on the heat, add the milk, dill and lemon juice, reheat until hot.
- Mix in the chopped salmon and season with black pepper.
- Check for saltiness before adding extra salt, remember that smoked salmon can be quite salty as can shop bought chicken stock.
- Serve the salmon soup with crusty farmhouse bread.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
Midge, I am not a big fan of salmon either but I do love your recipes! 5 for unique!herby in Albany loved it
great family recipe love the soup high5 forks to .momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love smoked salmon and this soup sounds rich, luscious and perfect for me. Great recipe, Midge - you rock! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it