Dipped GingersnapsFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Additional sugar for rolling shopping list
- 2 (12-ounce) packages vanilla baking chips or 24 ounces white chocolate almond bark shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in molasses.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into ¾-inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool.
- Melt chips or bark and shortening in microwavable bowl.
- Dip cookies halfway and place on waxed paper to harden.
- Makes 3 to 4 dozen.
- Submitted by Janet Starr, St. Petersburg
People Who Like This Dish 3
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating7 people
Hey Tina sweetiekins - how are you doing? What a wonderful recipe you have here. I loooove gingersnaps and bet these are just gorgeous dipped in melted chips/bark. I'm printing this out to try. I think they would go perfect with my Christmas cook...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Tina...These sound outstanding...Love gingersnaps...:)
wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
wow stepped up gingersnaps...yum...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it