How To Cook Eggs For EggnogFrom micuisine 7 years ago
How to make it
- Heat milk and heavy cream in a large pot on the stove top. (You will be heating this until almost boiling.)
- While heating the milk mixture, separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Put the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another bowl.
- Beat the sugar into the yolks.
- When the milk is almost boiling, stir *some* of the milk very slowly into the yolk/sugar mixture. This will heat up (cook) the eggs very slowly without hard cooking them.
- Go ahead and put this mixture in your hot milk. (Now off of the burner.)
- Beat the egg whites until very stiff.
- Put some of the hot milk mixture very slowly into the egg whites and stir. When mixed throroughly, you can go ahead and add this mixture to the hot milk/egg yolk/sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle some nutmeg on top.