Slow Cooker Italian Beef For SandwichesFrom chihuahua 7 years ago
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- 1 Bay Leaf shopping list
- 1 (5 pound) rump roast shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried parsley shopping list
- 1 (.7-ounce) package dry Italian style salad dressing mix shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 1tsp. garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Combine water with salt, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion powder, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf, and salad dressing mix in a saucepan.
- Stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Place roast in slow cooker, and pour salad dressing mixture over meat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 11 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- When done, remove bay leaf, and shred meat with a fork.
- Put meat back in slow cooker for additional hour to soak in juices.
- Serve on pan toasted deli style sandwich rolls. Add your favorite toppings such as, grilled or raw onions, red peppers or your favorite cheese. Don't forget the bbq and hot sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating6 people
thanks for a great 5 recipe, I like to sautee onion and hot pepper to put on mine. Thanks again for a great recipe.bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
Love this. I made it tonight. I made it exactly as written except I used all fresh herbs.cmnjersey in Edgewater Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!