Jamaican Cornmeal PuddingFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion -- finely chopped shopping list
- 3 whole scallions -- finely sliced shopping list
- 1 tomato -- chopped fine about 1/2 cup] shopping list
- 1/4 sweet pepper -- green or red, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 3 okra -- sliced, optional [about 1/4 cup] shopping list
- 4 cups coconut milk shopping list
- 2 cups cornmeal -- coarse shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 Scotch bonnet chili pepper - seeded and minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium-sized skillet, bring the oil over medium-high heat until it is very hot.
- Add the onion, scallions, tomato, sweet pepper and okra.
- Cook, stirring, until well blended and slightly dry, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a thick-bottomed saucepan, heat the coconut milk over low heat.
- Add the cornmeal, cooked vegetables, salt, black pepper, Scotch bonnet pepper and thyme.
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning frequently with a large, strong
- If serving immediately, spoon the cornmeal directly onto the plates.
- Otherwise, place the mixture a serving dish and form it into a mold.
- When you are ready to serve, cut it into wedges.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating8 people
Indeed, midge. A glorious addition to the GR family of recipes!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
awsome recipe love the flavor and combos. thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yummm I like this alot...jimrug1 in Peoria loved it