Sourdough Bread Stuffing with Sundried Tomatoes and ArtichokesFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 large red onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 10-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 pound crusty sourdough or other country-style bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and dried overnight (about 5 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or white wine shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup turkey or chicken broth, as needed shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet over medium, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and saute until lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes, then cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables and any liquid in the skillet to a large bowl. Add the bread cubes, basil, Parmesan cheese and pepper flakes. Gradually stir in the wine, eggs and 1/2 cup of the broth.
- Season with salt.
- **The stuffing can be added to a turkey and roasted, or placed in a buttered baking dish, drizzled with an additional 1/2 cup of broth, then covered and baked until heated through. **
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
This one sounds like a very elegant and sophisticated recipe! Lovely, very lovely! Added to the"Bazil world" group.juels in Clayton loved it
Good heavens, this sounds good. I love the concentrated flavor of sundried tomatoes. Yum. Next whole bird I roast will have this alongside of it.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it