Sweet And Sticky Chicken WingsFrom linda2230 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey (I used 100% raw honey organic) shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium would be good) shopping list
- 5 fresh rosemary sprigs shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, halved shopping list
- 1 large bag of chicken wings or just the drumetts shopping list
- 2 tblsps toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/4 cup choppd fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, rosemary springs, and garlic cloves in a large resealable bag to dissolve the honey and the brown sugar. Add the chicken wings to the bag and seal, squeeqing out as much air from the bag as possible. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove the wings from the bag, reserving the marinade and arrange them on the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until the skin is caramelized (yummy) and very dark in spots, this will take 30 to 35 minutes.
- Place the left over marinade in a small saucepan, uncovered. Bring the marinade to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook over low heat until thick, about 15 minutes.
- Use a pastry brush to brush some of the cooked marinade on the cooked wings Place the wings on a serving platter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and the chopped parsley and enjoy.
- P.S. I think that I will add a tsp of ginger next time I make the marinade. :o)
The Cooklinda2230 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating8 people
Hi Cuz. Nice recipe. I like the rosemary and sesame seeds and the parsley really makes the dish look inviting.. I also like the ginger idea. I bet this marinade would be killer as a glaze on a pork loin roast. Thanks for sharing. ;-)~
morejimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Oh yeah - I love this recipe of yours, too, Judy hon. That marinade is just loaded with flavor and I love chicken - so count me in. I'm printing this out to take to the grocer. I want to make them this coming week...and I'll be back to rave when I...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
And I am a big fan of Giada, too...love her. :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
Southern Cooks556 members
Fiery Hot175 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
NEW ORLEANS64 members
From Middle Eastern Lands254 members
Greek Foods145 members
Chicken Please145 members
LOUISIANA LADIES77 members
Country Cooking With A Twist22 members
From Syria With Love32 members