Butterscotch BarsFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups coconut shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- For the crust, cream together butter and sugar; add flour and salt, mix together well.
- Pat into an ungreased 10x15 baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. While crust is baking, prepare filling.
- For filling, beat eggs well; add remaining ingredients and mix together until well blended.
- Pour over hot crust and return pan to oven for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until bars are nicely browned.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
Made these this afternoon. The recipe is simple...the bar is delicious. The way it should be. Reminds me of a butter tart, but in a square!! :) I added chocolate chips just for the extra sweetness, although it doesn't need it..lol
Five forks!duska in Brantford loved it
Oh, love butterscotch.....yummy.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it