Buttermilk Oatmeal MuffinsFrom blueeyes68ky 7 years ago
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, soak oats in buttermilk for 15 minutes.
- Stir in egg, sugar and oil.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into oat mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove to wire rack.
- Yield: about 8 muffins.