Sweet Milk DonutsFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons fat shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon OR nutmeg (I may try 1/4 of each!) shopping list
- 3 to 4 cups all purpose flour (to make a soft dough) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream fat.
- Add sugar.
- Add milk and well-beaten egg.
- Add 3 cups flour mixed and sifted with dry ingredients.
- Add flour until dough is just stiff enough to roll.
- Toss 1/3 of the dough onto a lightly floured board.
- Knead slightly until smooth.
- Roll dough to 1/2" thickness.
- Cut dough with floured donut cutter.
- Fry in deep fat about 2 minutes.
- They should rise to the top quickly.
- Brown one side and turn donut to brown opposite side.
- TURN BUT ONCE.
- Drain over fat and then on absorbent paper.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- When partly cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- ariadnebarzane Phoenix, AZ
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- juels Clayton, NC
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- sjhala Shelbyville, IN
- wiseokc Oklahoma City, OK
- tinadunlap Greenwood, FL
- zoetheunicorn Hastings, AU
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
great donut recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
NICE ONE LORRAINE I LOVE IT
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great post, Lorraine! thanks for sharing such neat recipes with us!juels in Clayton loved it