Irish Whiskey CookiesFrom chef_irish 5 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey shopping list
- 1/4 cup candied citron, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, blanched and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease two cookie sheets; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar. Beat in the eggs until well blended. Add the flour and
- the Irish whiskey, and beat the dough until smooth. Add the fruit and nuts, and mix well. Drop cookie dough from a tablespoon onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake each sheet of cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula while still warm. Place on wire rack to partially cool.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container with a slice of white bread to maintain their soft, fruity texture.