Seafood LasagnaFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 3 to 4 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup whipping or light cream shopping list
- fresh parsley minced (to taste) shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 pound bay scallops shopping list
- 1 pound small cooked shirmp, peeled shopping list
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (from the dairy section) shopping list
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter and oil until softened.
- Add chicken broth and clam juice. Bring to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add scallops and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove scallops from cooking liquid and set aside.
- Reserve cooking liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine scallops, shrimp and crab. Set aside.
- In saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking, until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk and reserved cooking liquid. Cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in cream, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Stir 3/4 cup sauce into seafood. Set aside.
- Spread the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch baKing pan with 1/2 cup sauce. (I suggest using a deep baking dish or the oven will be a mess!)
- Layer bottom of pan with 3 noodles.
- Spread with half the seafood. Top with 1 1/4 cups sauce and a third of the Italian blend cheese.
- Repeat layering.
- Top with remaining noodles, sauce and Italian blend cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, covering with foil if cheese browns to quickly.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- cheezeemomma London, CA
- cherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- dollhead Mechanicville, US
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- chefelaine Muskoka, CANA
- cher3231 Denham Springs, LA
- mejnoona Everett, MA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating9 people
Sounds great! Thank for posting it, and HIGH FIVE to you, Upstate :+D
Elainechefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Nicely done, upstate. Thanks for the post and you got my 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh man… this looks fantastic! To hell with nicely done! That is too mild an expression! Great recipe, one of the top ones I have seen recently! Thank you for posting this one. Great job!
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!