Russian FeijodaFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 cups dried black beans soaked overnight and drained shopping list
- 10 cups water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion diced shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers chopped shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 4 medium red potatoes coarsely chopped shopping list
- 4 medium carrots peeled and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan combine beans and water.
- Cook over low heat for 2 hours.
- Drain and reserve 3-1/2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large saucepan and add onion, peppers, tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add beans, reserved cooking liquid, potatoes, carrots, thyme, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook uncovered over medium low heat stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
- Stir in liquid smoke flavoring and parsley then let stand 15 minutes before serving.