Great Southern ChiliFrom chef_irish 8 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage shopping list
- 1 lb Hickory smoked bacon Chopped shopping list
- 1 Large sweet onion Chopped shopping list
- 2 Large Can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 Small Cans of pinto beans shopping list
- 3 Small Cans of Bush's Mild chili beans(Pinto) shopping list
- 3 Cups frozen corn Thawed shopping list
- 1 Large Can of Tomatoe Paste shopping list
- Spices: shopping list
- 4 Heaping Tablespoons of cumin shopping list
- 4 Heaping Tablespoons of chili powder shopping list
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons of garlic powder shopping list
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons of onion powder shopping list
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons of paprika shopping list
- 1 Heaping Tablespoons of salt shopping list
- 1 Heaping Tablespoons of pepper shopping list
- 1 Tablespoons of oregano shopping list
- 1 Tablespoons of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 Dashes of Crystal or Tabasco hot sauce shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of ketchup shopping list
How to make it
- Add Beef, Bacon and Sausage to Large Skillet...
- Scramble All Of These Meats Together...Until They Are Cooked and Done. Then Use A Slotted Spoon To Scoop All of The Meat Out Of The Skillet Into A Large Pot...Do Not Drain The Grease From The Skillet.
- Now Cook Your Chopped Onion in The Same Skillet Used to Cook Your Meats, Grease and All. When Onion is Done and Transparent...Not Browned...Use the Same Slotted Spoon to Move the Onions into the Large Pot. Toss Out Remaining Grease!
- Now That Your Meats and Onions Are Together in The Large Pot...
- Add All Of The Spices Listed Above Including Sauces. Cook for 3 Minutes On High.
- Then Add The Tomatoes and Tomatoe Paste Stirring Until Thickened and Mixed.
- Now Add All Of Your Pinto Beans and Corn.
- Cook On Medium-Low for 1 Hour (60 Minutes)
- Then Serve with Hot CornBread or Saltine Crackers
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating7 people
Another fiver!! What else is new? LOL! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
sounds good! can't wait to try!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Looks really good cannot wait to make this 5 forks just for posting cause I know I'll love this. Feel free to leave any messages or comments anytime.mommywholovespandas in Springfield loved it