Vidalia Onion PieFrom caffeinated 7 years ago
- 1 cup crushed Town House crackers or saltines (Ritz crackers seem to be too sweet, especially with the already sweet Vidalias) shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. melted butter, divided shopping list
- 3 cups chopped vidalia onions shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine crackers and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Press into a greased pie plate.
- Saute onions in remaining 2 tbsp. butter.
- Pour onto crust.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; pour over onions.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 15
- lovebreezy Colorful, CO
- dragonwings647 Duchesne, UT
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- leroux Surfside Beach, SC
- sajhe Monticello, MN
- patdaughtry Saint Simons Island, GA
- cheric Oklahoma City, OK
- leonora5 Kleinemonde, ZA
- matowakan58 Edgerton, WY
- bestdadever Virginia Beach, VA
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookcaffeinated VA
The Rating4 people
Oh, love this recipe, how very nice.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I've made this recipe twice now and friends now request I bring it to all functions! Excellent recipe - thanks for sharing!patdaughtry in Saint Simons Island loved it