Vidalia Onion PieFrom caffeinated 7 years ago
- 1 cup crushed Town House crackers or saltines (Ritz crackers seem to be too sweet, especially with the already sweet Vidalias) shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. melted butter, divided shopping list
- 3 cups chopped vidalia onions shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine crackers and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Press into a greased pie plate.
- Saute onions in remaining 2 tbsp. butter.
- Pour onto crust.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; pour over onions.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 15
- lovebreezy Colorful, CO
- dragonwings647 Duchesne, UT
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- leroux Surfside Beach, SC
- sajhe Monticello, MN
- patdaughtry Saint Simons Island, GA
- cheric Oklahoma City, OK
- leonora5 Kleinemonde, ZA
- matowakan58 Edgerton, WY
- bestdadever Virginia Beach, VA
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookcaffeinated VA
The Rating4 people
I've made this recipe twice now and friends now request I bring it to all functions! Excellent recipe - thanks for sharing!patdaughtry in Saint Simons Island loved it
Oh, love this recipe, how very nice.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it