Slowcooker Coq Au VinFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 8 oz. sliced bacon,diced shopping list
- 1 quartered chicken(41'2lbs)skin removed shopping list
- 8 oz. small mushrooms shopping list
- 1c frozen small white onions,thawed shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2c dry white wine shopping list
- 2 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/2tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4c water shopping list
- 2Tbs cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- In 12"skillet,cook bacon on medium. Remove with slotted spoon,transfer to 41/2 to 6 qt. slow cooker.Pour off all but 1Tbs fat from skillet;add chicken,and brown on med-high. Pour off fat.
- Add mushrooms,onions and garlic to slow cooker;top with chicken. Add wine,rosemary,and salt to skillet;heat to boiling. Pour over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker;cook on low 6 hours,until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Transfer chicken and vegetables to platter;keep warm.
- Pour sauce into saucepan. In cup,blend water and cornstarch;stir into sauce. Heat tillsauce thickens and boils,stirring constantly. Boil sauce 1 min;pour over chicken.
- I use red wine instead of white. Just preference.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
thank you, great post! I love thses kind of recipes!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Sounds great...will be trying this one!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I love this way of making a Coq Au Vin.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again856 members
French Group132 members
Cooking Chicken203 members
Crock Potslow Cooker200 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members
Chicken Little167 members
Crock Pot Cooking68 members