Bacon And Maple Syrup Smoky AppetizersFrom krumkake 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cut bacon slices into 1/3 lengths, just long enough so they will wrap around a smokie with a little overlap for securing.
- Wrap pieces of bacon around each smokie and secure ends with a toothpick - place wrapped smokies on a baking sheet. NOTE: use a heavy duty baking sheet that won't warp in a hot oven...if you use a lighter weight baking sheet, it will warp during baking and the sticky syrup will drip over the edges, making for a nasty clean up!
- Mix together maple syrup and brown sugar; heat about 1 minute in the microwave to start sugar dissolving.
- Drizzle syrup/brown sugar mixture over bacon wrapped smokies.
- Bake at 425 degrees until bacon is browned nicely (but not too crisp) and syrup is caramelizing, stirring the smokies with a large spatula a couple times. Baking usually takes about 40 minutes or so, but just watch closely.
- Keep warm in a crockpot while serving.
- Sorry - I failed to take a picture of the smokies when they were coated and baked, but I will do so next time I make them - the picture above is just to show the "wrapping" process.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
oh yes you dont have to call me twice i love these little babie haha
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yowza, krum! Thanks, ^5 and Happy New Year,
LAlacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh, these are wonderful and just perfect for New Year's Eve. Yummynotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!