Mexican Spread Candy Cane Shaped AppetizerFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning (or Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip mix is EXCELLENT in this!) shopping list
- 2 cups grated mexican cheese blend shopping list
- 1 can diced green chilies, drained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon (or more, if you like it spicier) diced jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely diced red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 red pepper, cut into rings and de-seeded shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together cream cheese, seasoning, cheese, chilies, jalapeno, onoin and diced red pepper until well blended.
- Place mixture on a platter and use your hands to shape it into a candy cane shape.
- "Frost" candy cane with the sour cream.
- Cut red pepper rings in sizes to fit around candy cane, making "stripes" with them on the cane.
- Cover and chill well - serve with tortillas and crackers.
- NOTE: The original recipe diced the red pepper (rather than rings) and sprinkled it on the frosted candy cane in stripes, then garnished each "stripe" with some finely diced parsley in each side - that's a nice presentation, too.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
this is soooooooo pretty i love it
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
"5"FORK!!!!! for such a 'Tasty Little Treat'~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
You're killin' me here, krum. I need to eat them ALL! You got my ^5. Happy New Year,
LAlacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!