Fish Cakes SupremeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs imitation crab or lobster meat ( pollack/whitefish, crab flavor etc ) I used Aquamar brand shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 Tbs finely minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 red green bell pepper finely chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbs fresh dill weed shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove finely minced shopping list
- 3 Tbs mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tsp ocean blend spice or seafood spice shopping list
- jiuce from a whole fresh lemon shopping list
- 1 tsp worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs ( plain ) shopping list
- Coating : shopping list
- 1 cup cornflour ( not cornmeal ) as needed shopping list
- Garnish: fresh dill and lemon wedges shopping list
- oil to fry shopping list
- wasabi ( horseradish ) sauce: Mix all and chill shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp wasabi powder or paste shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- squirt of fresh lemon juice to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor finely mince the onion, dill, bell pepper and garlic together.
- Place in large bowl.
- Place imitation seafood intro processor and process till fine flakes mixed in with some coarse pieces
- Place in bowl with the minced veges.
- Add eggs, spices, lemon juice, worchestershire sauce and mix very well together.
- Mixture should still be moist for hand shaping.
- Form into one inch or so thick patties.
- I got 9 large ones
- Coat both sides of fish cakes in cornflour
- Fry in hot oil turning when golden brown on each side
- As you fry them, place finished patties on a paper lined baking tray and place in oven at 200F to keep warm
- Serve with wasabi , tarter or cocktail sauce on the side or just plain wedges of fresh lemon
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
I Love the Flavor combinations~
I want this to be one of the recipes
that I try out 'First' in January 2009~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
great tasty recipe yummy thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
this is a fantastic recipe!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it