Shepherds Pie PlusFrom sweetwords 6 years ago
- 4 bacon strips shopping list
- 2 lb ground chuck shopping list
- 1 cup onion shopping list
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 carrot, sliced lengthwise in 2" sections shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, chopped shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons plain flour shopping list
- 14 oz beef broth shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2-1 tsp tarragon (or to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp strong black pepper shopping list
- 4-5 cups mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- Dash paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain, reserving 1 Tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside.
- Cook beef in drippings; drain most of grease.
- Toss vegetables in flour; add to skillet with beef broth, Worcestershire, and spices.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add bacon; transfer to a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Combine mashed potatoes and 3/4 cup cheese; spread over beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25 minutes.
- May broil for 5 minutes till bubbly, if needed.