Taco Bell Fire Sauce CloneFrom neon 8 years ago
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes (I prefer Italian peeled plum tomatoes in the rich tomato juice for the sauce, but any type will work fine, and I don't drain the liquid in either case) shopping list
- 2/3 cup water (You may want to adjust (or even omit) this if the canned tomatoes already has water in it) shopping list
- 2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 3 teaspoons cumin shopping list
- 4 teaspoons instant minced onion shopping list
- 4 teaspoons crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 small chilli peppers shopping list
How to make it
- Wash peppers and cut out the stems, keeping the seeds in the peppers.
- Pour entire contents of the canned tomatoes in a food processor. Cut each chilli pepper in half, and scatter those inside the food processor as well. Puree the ingredients. You want it to become a smooth sauce with tiny pieces of chilli peppers.
- Pour into a sauce pan, and combine the rest of the ingredients except for the water. Stir thoroughly to mix all ingredients.
- If using the 1/3 cup of water, add it gradually while stirring. You can use a bit more or less if you prefer a different consistency for sauce or marinade.
- Simmer on a very low heat (covered), for 25-30 minutes, stirring often so that it doesn't burn.
- Remove from the burner, and let cool (covered).
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookneon Westland, Michigan
The Rating5 people
wow awsome sauce thanks I love the Tacos, high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh, I have to make this. I love taco bell fire sauce.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
wow great one there thank you for sharing this one
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!