Neons Hot And Spicy Bbq ChickenFrom neon 5 years ago
- 1 Pack of 6-8 various pieces of chicken. shopping list
- 1 8oz bottle thick and spicy BBQ sauce. shopping list
- 16 oz of the "Taco Bell Fire Sauce Clone" I previously posted. I don't substitute other sauces for this, because the fire sauce has a nice tangy spicy flavour that really compliments the chicken. shopping list
- Large bowl of salty ice cold water. 1TBSP salt for every 4 cups of cold water shopping list
- Large Tupperware bowl, equivalent, or any other bowl that can be sealed tightly with saran wrap. shopping list
How to make it
- Make sure the salt is thoroughly dissolved in the water.
- Rinse chicken, and place the pieces in the salt water, and let them brine for an hour or two. This will make the chicken tender and juicy, and it won't make the chicken taste really salty either.
- Remove the chicken from the salt water brine, and place them into a large bowl.
- Pour the Taco Bell Fire Sauce Clone over chicken, stirring, and turning the chicken so that all pieces are completely covered in the marinade. I use a large enough bowl, and enough fire sauce to completely cover all the pieces. Store unused fire sauce for the future.
- Seal the bowl tightly, and refridgerate for at least 24 hours (occasionally stirring and turning the chicken throughout this process). This is a very important step in the recipe and the time shouldn't be altered. In fact, I usually let the chicken marinade for over 30 hours.
- Remove from fridge, stir and turn chicken again, and place the chicken pieces on a baking rack - Don't discard the marinade.
- Bake chicken for 25 minutes at 335 degrees (320 degrees for a fan assisted oven), and then baste both sides of the chicken generously with the marinade using a basting brush. Bake for another 25 minutes. Discard the marinade.
- While the chicken is baking, shake the bottle of BBQ sauce, pour it in a bowl and stir thoroughly with the basting brush.
- Remove chicken from the oven, and apply BBQ sauce generously dabbing and completely covering the chicken on both sides with the sauce. This will allow the sauce to gel, and it results in a nice thick coating.
- Apply another coating of BBQ sauce generously to both sides of the chicken pieces using the same method as above, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes. Serve, and enjoy.
The Cookneon Westland, Michigan
The Rating5 people
OMG Neon! This sounds absolutely delish! I like brining my chicken too. I added your recipe to the "Chicken Little" Group. Hope you don't mind. Thanks for the recipe. ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Oh, heck ya!! Im doing a superbowl party and you sound like just the guy i need to consult for ideas!!rlb in Currituck County loved it
SOUNDS GOODburgandy26 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!