Duck Confit With Sweet Potato Puree And Cherry-Shallot SauceFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 1 box Grimaud Farms duck leg confit (4 legs in box) shopping list
- Puree: shopping list
- 2 large jewel yams, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- cinnamon, allspice and ginger, to taste shopping list
- kosher salt and white pepper for seasoning shopping list
- Cherry-Shallot Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves (I use "Bonne Maman" brand from France) shopping list
- 1 small shallot, minced shopping list
- tiny splash of olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup aged balsamic vinegar shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- pinch of kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cold shopping list
How to make it
- For Puree:
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to pan.
- Add spices, butter, brown sugar and cream. Stir together and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is well combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer to a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until mixture is smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- For sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until beginning to soften.
- Add cherry preserves, balsamic vinegar and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture is reduced and thickened (if it gets too thick, just add a little water). Swirl the cold butter into the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- For confit:
- Roast confit (skin side up) in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until warmed through and slightly crispy.
- To serve: Spoon puree onto each plate. Set 2 duck legs on top, kind of criss crossing them. Drizzle a little sauce on the duck and the remaining sauce around plate.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating4 people
COSTCO has duck en confit?? and only four legs to a box??? omg! A house that doesn't reek of duck fat! Thank you very very much!pieplate in Claremont loved it
You have definitely made this for the eyes as much as the taste buds. I love confit and I love the sweet potato puree. The Cherry Shallot sauce is perfect with the duck... I just brought home some wild goose breasts and I think this sauce will be g...morejimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Was finally able to buy duck at my local food store. I guesse it's seasonal. Roasted the duck and made your cherry-shallot sauce. It was super easy. The sauce had a sweet and sour flavor, and went so good with that duck! Even my kids ate it! I think ...morejuels in Clayton loved it