Savory QuesadillasFrom alp26 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup drained corn shopping list
- four 6-8 in flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken (adjustable, to your taste) shopping list
- 1 cup Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (use both if desired, just use 1/2 cup of each cheese) shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- salsa (optional) shopping list
- shredded lettuce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In the cup with the drained corn, sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Put already cut chicken into a bowl. Sprinkle the cumin around the chicken. Roll the chicken with your hands until everything is coated decently. Use a bit more cumin if you like.
- Place tortillas on surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of sour cream on half of each tortilla. Place 1/4 cup of chicken on top of sour cream. Sprinkle with some (typically 2 tablespoons) corn and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Fold each tortilla in half, pressing gently. Start placing the quesadillas onto skillet (depending how large these skillets are to house the appetizer) and turn on heat. Cook at medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese starts to melt and the quesadilla is light brown. Cook 1-2 minutes more on the other side. Repeat for remaining quesadillas.
- Each quesadilla looks like a half-pizza at this point. Cut this in half, then cut those halves in half. Each quesadilla should yield four mini-pizzaish slices. TO ARRANGE PRETTILY ON SERVING PLATTER: Stack the four slices onto each other. This stack should not be perfectly aligned and do not aim for perfection. You should have a total of four stacks. Put some shredded lettuce (optional) on each stack and pour some salsa (optional) over and around the quesadilla. The result should look messy yet elegant and colorful yet tasty.