Tempeh and vegetable StewFrom trigger 5 years ago
- One package of organic tempeh diced into ½-inch cubes. shopping list
- One small zucchini sliced or diced shopping list
- One small summer squash sliced or diced in ½-inch cubes if possible. shopping list
- 1/4 cup of flour for dredging you will not use all the flour. shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- one cup of vegetable broth shopping list
- two cups of water shopping list
- A few sprigs of thyme leaves removed. shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of tamari soy sauce shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper to taste. shopping list
- Fresh grated ginger to taste. shopping list
- * a bowl of water to dip the tempeh first before dredging in flour. shopping list
How to make it
- Dip the Tempeh in water first then dredge in flour set aside.
- In a small stockpot, add the butter and the olive oil on high heat at first until butter is melted and starts to brown not burn.
- Lower heat, add the Tempeh and brown on all sides.
- Add the water and broth and all the vegetables, the lemon the ginger and thyme leaves and simmer for half an hour until it thickens up to your liking.
- Plate in small bows wit a side of bread and butter.
- Serves two
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating7 people
Oh, how good! Looks so mouthwatering, Michael! I juast want to eat my computer screen right now!juels in Clayton loved it
Great recipe! I love tempeh because of it's great flavor and digestability (Kari-created word) and I too have never thought of dredging it for a stew...even though I've done pretty much everything else with it..even stuffed it in sushi! What a deli...moreboofie in Salt Lake City loved it
A lovely keeper.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it