Layered Enchilada Crockpot CasseroleFrom hottamale 8 years ago
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground beef or ground turkey shopping list
- 1 med. onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 small can enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes shopping list
- 6 whole wheat (or flour) tortillas shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 3/4 c. milk shopping list
- 1-2 c. Mexican or Co-Jack cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Brown beef, onion and garlic.
- Add taco seasoning mix and ro-tel tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray crock pot with non-stick spray.
- Dip 2 tortillas in enchilada sauce and place in bottom of crockpot.
- Spoon 1/2 of meat mixture on top of tortillas & sprinkle with mexican or co-jack shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers once more.
- Top with final 2 tortillas.
- Combine soup, milk & remaining enchilada sauce.
- Pour over top of casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- 10 mintures before serving, top with sliced tomatoes and chopped green onions.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
The Cookhottamale Canton, OH
The Rating1 people
This was really good. Next time, I will add some spanish rice in between the layers. This is a really good post :)lil_coop in Wauseon loved it