Red Wine Braised Brisket With Mushrooms Tomato And RosemaryFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 3 oz.(6Tbs.)extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 large brisket(3 to 4lbs)trimmed of excess fat shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2clove garlic,thinly sliced(I use a little more) shopping list
- 1 onion,med. dice shopping list
- 1 large carrot,peeled,halved lengthwise,sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 3Tbs butter shopping list
- 1/2c. flour shopping list
- 2c red wine shopping list
- 28oz. can ,Italian peeled tomatoes shopping list
- 2c chicken stock shopping list
- 1c quartered large button mushrooms. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300
- Put olive oil in a roasting pan and place over high heat. Season brisket generously with salt and pepper. When oil is hot,gently sear the meat on all sides until good and golden brown. Remove meat,set aside on platter.
- Add garlic,onion,carrot and celery to the pan and cook 2 mins.,still on high heat.
- Add the rosemary and a bit more salt and pepper. Add the butter and cook till melted.
- Lower the heat to medium and sprinkle in flour. Cook for 2 mins,stirring constantly.
- Add red wine,raise heat to high and cook 2 mins,scraping the bottom of the pan so ingredients don't stick.
- Add the tomatoes,crushing a bit with your hands-yes your hands-as you put into pan. Add the chicken stick and mushrooms and stir everything around the pan.
- Return the brisket to the pan and cover with lid or foil. Place in oven and braise gently for 2 to 3 hours,checking occasionally to make sure liquid is not boiling.
- The meat should be very tender,almost "falling off the bone" and the sauce will have thickened slightly. Turn off the heat,but leave the pan undisturbed for 30 mins.
- Remove the meat to a cutting board,slice across the grain into thin slicesand arrange on a serving platter.
- Garnish with the sauce and vegetables from the pan and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
you are making me drool! Lovely recipe, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
wow awsome Brisket thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh Yummy!!! This sounds great! Loving it! 5!!! from me!annielikestocook in Annacotty loved it