Manhattan Seafood ChowderFrom wmhaynes 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced bacon (uncooked) shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups fish or vegetable broth (or water with bouillon) shopping list
- 3 cups seafood -shrimp, scallops, cubed fish (frozen is fine) shopping list
- 3 cups tomato sauce (I use the marinara sauce) shopping list
- 6 diced medium potatoes (1 cm cubes) shopping list
- 2 carrots – peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay or other seafood seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt (sea salt if available) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs shopping list
- Additional water, as needed for thinning. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil and add the diced bacon, onion, and garlic. Sauté until the bacon is cooked and the onion/garlic is beginning to caramelize (turning light brown).
- Add the broth and seafood, cover and simmer.
- When seafood is getting cooked, add other ingredients, cover and cook for 30 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Make any seasoning adjustments necessary.
- You can add some other vegetables, like broccoli, if you’d like.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookwmhaynes Simpsonville, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!